Well woman clinic
An annual well woman health check is recommended to ALL women, especially those over 35 years and those having persistent symptoms of ill health. Hidden evidence of medical conditions and presence of risk factors are looked for at this annual well woman checks. As the problems vary based also on age, different packages of testing are prescribed in different age groups.
The well woman health check is targeted to check for two categories of diseases.
- Those arising in the Reproductive system
- Those involving the non-reproductive (General) systems. These are;
Diabetes: Blood sugar estimates and risks leading to diabetes
Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
Thrombosis risks, etc
This clinic is specially designed for a medical checkup, before actually falling ill, so that treatment can be started at an earlier stage.
At the well woman health check screening for general illnesses such as –High Blood Sugar (Diabetes), Hypertension (High Blood Pressure), High Cholesterol, Obesity, etc) and for female reproductive tract disorders, which may be present without any symptoms is performed. This is followed by appropriate treatment and counseling.
Early diagnosis and treatment of these illnesses would minimize the further development of the disease and prevent vital organ damage, thereby maintaining and improving the quality of life.
A variety of packages appropriate for one’s age and health are offered at an affordable/ attractive price at Vindana Reproductive Health Centre.
Those packages will include the following;
- A detailed clinical interview to obtain historical information
- A complete physical examination
- An initial examination (PV) to exclude diseases of the reproductive tract – ie: vagina, cervix, uterus and ovaries
- A pap smear test for early detection of cervical cancer (except in clients who are celibate – have never had a sexual relationship)
- A clinical breast examination with explanations on how to conduct a breast self-examination (BSE)
- Appropriate blood tests – Fasting Blood Sugar, Lipid Profile, etc
- Referral to a Consultant Radiologist for a Mammogram,/ Breast Scan and an Ultra-sound scan of Abdomen/ Pelvis as required
- Assessment of BMI, followed by advise on reducing/ maintaining weight with diet and life style modifications
- Referral if required, to specialists for further assessment and management
Each package can be designed to suite each person’s requirement
The Ministry of Health (MoH) recommends a comprehensive medical health check for women over the age of 35 years with special emphasis on General Health and Screening for female Cancers.
Advice would also be obtained for symptoms associated with early menopause/ menopause, with emphasis on how to overcome these troublesome symptoms.
Come on Ladies! This is your chance to maintain good health.
Let us help you to lead a healthy and happy life ……….
Call us today and make an appointment with one of our experienced and friendly lady doctors